Friday, October 22, 2004

Well, I'm Convinced

After an interview of Eminem by Rolling Stones (brought to us by Drudge), I can't see how anyone could vote for Bush.

EMINEM: 'BUSH LIKE A DOG CHASING ITS TAIL'
Fri Oct 22 2004 13:45:08 ET

Rapper Eminem bodyslams President Bush in the upcoming edition of ROLLING STONE, publishing sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

President Bush is "like dog chasing its tail," the Hollywood-bound Eminem tells the magazine, set to street during the first week of November.

RS: You get deep into your feelings about President Bush and Iraq on "Mosh." Do you think the Iraq War was a mistake?

E: He's been painted to be this hero and he's got our troops over there dying for no reason. I haven't heard an explanation yet that I can understand. Explain to us why we have troops over there dying.

RS: There is no good answer.

E: I think he started a mess. America is the best country there is, the best country to live in. But he's [expletive] that up and could run our country into the ground. He jumped the gun, and he [expletive] up so bad he doesn't know what to do right now. He's in a tailspin, running around like a dog chasing its tail. And we got young people over there dyin', kids in their teens, early twenties that should have futures ahead of them. And for what? It seems like a Vietnam 2. Bin Laden attacked us and we attacked Saddam. We ain't heard from Saddam for ten years, but we go attack Saddam. Explain why that is. Give us some answers.

RS: Are you voting?

E: This is the first year I've registered to vote. And I'm gonna vote. Bush is definitely not my homie, but I'm still undecided. Kerry has been known to say some things that's caught my attention, made a few statements I've liked, but I don't know. Whatever my decision is, I would like to see Bush out of office. I don't wanna see my little brother get drafted. He just turned eighteen. I don't want to see him lose his life. People think their votes don't count, but people need to get out and vote. Every [expletive] vote counts.

Developing...


With facts like the ones Eminem has put forth, it's really hard to see how anyone could possibly vote for Bush. As far as I can tell, here are the facts according to him:

  • Bush got confused and instead of attacking Osama Bin Laden, he attacked Saddam. I mean, here was Saddam in Iraq minding his own business for the past 10 years and BLAM, Bush attacked him while nothing at all happened to Al Qaeda.

  • The whole country is in a tailspin and nothing is going right.

  • Iraq is Vietnam 2.

  • Bush is going to draft 18 year olds around the country.

    I have no response to these hard core facts. There is nothing I can do, now, but vote for Kerry. Now I have to figure out how to get my absentee ballot back....

    In all seriousness, the one thing I am glad of is that Eminem has decided to register and vote this election. He may not be supporting my candidate, but I do like to see people taking part in the electoral process. It's a bit disheartening that the right that so many have fought and died for is so easily thrown by the wayside and not exercised. Maybe someday he'll look at what's going on in the country and start looking beyond the rhetoric and make informed decisions on the candidates. Chances are, he'll still pick the more liberal candidates, but at least it'll be informed.