Monday, September 13, 2004

Yes, Senator Kerry, But What Will You Do?

Time Online has the transcript of an interview with John Kerry. Here are some excerpts:

We can do a better job at homeland security. I can fight a more effective war on terror....

We have a health-care plan for all Americans. We're going to stop subsidizing jobs that go overseas and create jobs here in America. We're going to fund education and not leave millions of children behind every day....

I will pursue a far more aggressive, proactive statesmanship role to bring countries to our side in an effort in which they have an interest....

I believe very deeply that it takes a new President, a new credibility, a fresh start, to change the whole equation in Iraq. I will get countries involved in ways that the President doesn't have them involved today, and I will get our troops home....

I won't cede our security to any institution, but I know how to reach out to countries and leaders and build bipartisan-support structures necessary to strengthen the country.....

But what's important here is that I can fight a more effective war on terror.....


And it just goes on and on from there. Kerry is very good at being broad and saying he would do a better job but doesn't say how and why he would be better at it. It's time for Kerry to be "crystal clear" on these things and actually share his secret plans with the rest of us so we can judge it upon its merits. Until then, he's a complete unknown.