Thursday, August 05, 2004

New Ad from swiftboat vets

Today the Swiftboat Vets for Truth released an ad countering many of Kerry's Vietnam claims. They have it posted on their site: www.swiftvets.com. I have yet to see the ad since I can't seem to get onto their site. I would expect that their server is experiencing some serious traffic. I have heard the audio on the radio, though.

On Powerline, The Big Trunk comments that he was disappointed that the ad wasn't more specific. I would agree except that they only had a limited amount of time and I think they wanted to emphasize just how many vets are against Kerry becoming the Commander-In-Chief.

It's interesting that all of a sudden many in the press are outraged at 527 organizations, which is an organization that can place political issue ads in the media independent of a certain candidate and it falls outside of the campaign finance reform laws, while no one seemed too upset with all of the ads put out by left-wing 527 organizations such as movon.org up to this point. It's only when a 527 organization, like the one financing the Swiftboat Vets for Truth commercial, puts out an anti-Kerry ad that the outrage is heard.